Coronavirus has affected many of our lives in different ways. We at Aetos moved swiftly to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all those who are linked with us in whatever way possible and we will continue to do so. The Prime Minister has announced new rules pertaining to the lockdown as the rate of infection is controlled and a sense of normality could begin.
As of July 4th July 2020, new government regulations pertaining to the lockdown will come into effect in England which means there have been subsequent changes to what people can and cannot do. These new changes include:
- The 2m social distancing rule will now be replaced by a new 1-metre-plus rule but ONLY where it is not possible to remain 2 metres apart.
- Restaurant and pubs in England will also be allowed to open (providing they follow safety guidelines). All indoor hospitality will be limited to table service and contact between staff and customers will be limited.
- Holiday accommodation, where overnight stay is possibility, can now be open.
- Two households of any size will now be able to meet indoors or outside and it is also possible to stay overnight. The government, however, does not recommend meeting multiple households at the same time.
- Multiple households can, on the other hand, meet outdoors in groups of six providing they adhere to social distancing but two households can meet regardless of size.
- Places of worship can now also open for prayers and services including weddings with up to 30 people and subject to social distancing.
- Other outdoor spaces such as outdoor gyms, children’s playgrounds can also open.
- Hairdressers will be allowed to open as long as they take precautions
- Libraries, community centres bingo halls, cinemas, museums, and galleries will be able to open.
We at Aetos Health Care are fully confident in the training provided to our carers about our competencies pertaining to the safety of each service user and the carers themselves. In addition, we are also supporting all clients and carers with PPE (masks, gloves, aprons etc.) and would reiterate their use if and when appropriate.
Although there has been an easing of lockdown rules, we at Aetos Health Care Ltd urge all our service users and care workers to take maximum precaution in order to keep yourself and others safe. It is imperative we take the necessary steps to get through this phase of the pandemic safely and therefore have introduced further recommendations of our own. These include:
- Service users ought to plan their social meetings responsibly and limit them to one/two times a week at most. We advise you to plan these in advance ensuring any and all social distancing rules are met by yourself, the carers and those whom you wish to visit.
- ALL carers are advised to use Personal Protective Equipment (face masks, gloves and aprons) when and where necessary and as advised. In addition, ALL carers are advised to immediately notify management if and when running low and need to replenish their stock.
- Service users are should inform their carers how much assistance you will require of them during any of these visits.
- ALL care workers ought to plan their daily breaks responsibly. You are free to leave the premise but only if you can ensure social distancing measures will be met. May we also request you only leave the premise once a day and meet no more than one other person to ensure your safety as well as the safety of the service user in your care.
- ALL care workers should refrain from attending constant gatherings with different people where social distancing measures will be difficult to meet.
We thank you for your efforts so far and encourage the continuity of this cooperation.
Team Aetos Health Care